Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Karma of Inspiration

There is a reason I have not written recently. It is hard to find the motivation to inspire others when inspiration is amiss within ourselves.

This isn't me - I am not one who sleeps in until her body can't lay any longer. I am not one who sulks and dreads each passing day hoping for something better. And yet, for last 6 weeks, that was who I was.

Last week my mother came back from India, and with her she brought the best present one could give: a book full of notes and pictures from my relatives. In that book was the following entry from my younger cousin:

"...I mentioned earlier that she saved my life. I'm going to tell you how she did that. In 2005, when [she] came to India, I was in my mid-teens. As a teenager, I was depressed and lonely. But she introduced me to books like Captivating and Robin Sharma's self-help books. She taught me how to look at life in a positive way. Her positive outlook and zeal towards life changed my perceptions completely. She helped me find myself and taught me ow to believe in myself. I discovered myself and my true potential. My confidence level soared. I became a much happier person. I'll never forget all which you've done for me. You inspire me"

Inspiration seems to be much like Karma, the more you give it out the more it comes back to you. The realization that I helped change the life of ONE person, especially a person I love dearly, is all I needed to get back on my feet.

Your inspiration is lurking somewhere as well - find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment